The Force: "It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together." And it wakes up? That's right, we're talking about the Force and the title of Star Wars Episode VII on this week's episode!
Check out the full shownotes below:
- We choose characters who should discover that they can use the Force in Episode VII.
- The title of Episode VII is here! We give all of our thoughts and analysis on The Force Awakens.
- Did we like how it was announced?
- What does it mean?
- We share our feelings on the title - good or bad choice?
- In-depth discussion of the Force - from the Chosen One to the state of balance.
- Who was the greater Force user - Qui-Gon or Yoda?
- Did Count Dooku see the true problem with the Jedi?
- Why the Jedi Order isn't needed.
- Plus a discussion with Thomas Riddle from Star Wars in the Classroom! Jason talks with Thomas about the mythology of the Force in a deep, philosophical conversation.
Sit back, relax, and join Mallory, Chris, Meg, Jason, Andrew, and Austin as they talk about the galaxy far, far away.
We would like to thank the fantastic Joe Hogan for creating our album art, and the talented Jen from the Anomaly Podcast for her voice work in our intro and outro. Thanks to Andrew from MakingStarWars.net for providing our opening rocking radio sound clip.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Twitter at @farfarawayradio. You can also find us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram. Don't forget to subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes and Stitcher. Or, subscribe via Feedburner.
Call and leave us a voicemail at 864-707-1138.
Produced by Austin Blankenship and Matt Eaton, with Alys Murray as Program Director.
May the Force Be with You!